Climate Adaptation Planning - ISO 14090 Module 3
Introducing the steps and skills needed to assemble a climate adaptation plan.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
A two-day course that introduces the steps and skills needed to assemble a climate adaptation plan.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
This module sets out the actions required to assemble a climate adaptation plan, building upon outputs from activities addressed in Modules 1 and 2. In addition, it covers prioritisation, policy and strategic context, adaptation actions, implementation and embedding adaptation into the organisation.
The module will cover:
• Identified risks, impacts and vulnerabilities
• The systemic nature of climate impacts across a range of climate change adaptation actions.
• How to embed the actions into the policy and strategy of the organisation
• Implementing the planned actions.
The course is designed for you to start using the tools and frameworks immediately. They are introduced through in-course simulations and mock scenarios.
🛠️ BY THE END OF THE COURSE PARTICIPANTS ARE ABLE TO:
• Assemble a detailed adaptation plan involving:
• ‘Systems thinking’ to derive the scope for an adaptation plan;
• Compile and prioritise a set of climate change adaptation actions;
• Understand how to embed the plan into the policy and strategy of the organisation;
• Understanding management approaches that turn the plan into action including leadership, continuous learning processes; contingencies; monitoring and evaluation.
⭐ Delivered in partnership with environmental consultants and engineers, JBA Consulting our training is designed to help learners understand the frameworks that support climate resilience, to develop strategic and structured approaches to decision making, manage uncertainties and develop a deeper appreciation of the interdependencies that climate risk presents.
😀 WHOSE IS IT FOR?
✓ Those seeking to develop or improve an organisation’s climate resilience through ISO 14090 informed adaptation plan techniques.
✓ Suitable for Professionals and leaders from diverse roles across organisations that make medium (10- 20 Years) and long-term investment (20 years +) decisions that are vulnerable to climate impacts.
✓️Currently delivered online in English it is open to a global audience.
✓️This module requires completion of the Foundation Module (Module 1) and Module 2
⚙️ HOW DOES IT WORK?
Currently delivered online in English, it is open to a global audience. Delegates may find it advantageous to complete Module 1 & 2 prior attending Module 3.
The module is delivered over two full-day sessions via Microsoft Teams.
2-3 courses are scheduled throughout the year, please get in touch for dates. We are also able to deliver the training to individual organisations at mutually agreed dates.